As a general rule of thumb, the top of your nightstand should be level with the top of your mattress, or about 2-4” taller. It’s much easier for somebody to reach above to grab something when they’re laying on the bed, as opposed to reaching below.
- 1 What should be the height of bedside table?
- 2 What distance should be between bed and nightstands?
- 3 How tall should a nightstand be for a queen bed?
- 4 What is the difference between a nightstand and a bedside table?
- 5 How tall is too tall for a bed?
- 6 How tall is a bed?
- 7 Should nightstand be same height as bed?
- 8 Can nightstands be different heights?
- 9 How much space should be between bed of Dresser and foot?
- 10 What should be in a nightstand?
- 11 What is standard end table height?
- 12 What is a bedside table called?
- 13 What can I use instead of a bedside table?
- 14 Why are nightstands called nightstands?
What should be the height of bedside table?
The ideal height for a nightstand or bedside table is roughly even with the top of the mattress, i.e.; the sleeping surface (see below). Give or take a few inches, you want the top of the table to be level with the mattress, making it easy for you to reach and creating a clean sightline across the bed.
What distance should be between bed and nightstands?
Your bedside table should be within reach of your bed. Spacing in a room is important, so it should be at least one or two inches from the side of your bed, level with your mattress, or a few inches taller. However, it can be further depending on your reach and your personal design preferences.
How tall should a nightstand be for a queen bed?
General Rule Consensus amidst professional décor experts as well as furniture craftsmen is that nightstands should be on average 24 inches tall upward to 36 inches. These numbers have become average as the general height of a mattress tends to be 25 inches.
What is the difference between a nightstand and a bedside table?
A nightstand is typically defined as a small, low bedside table that usually has drawers. A bedside table is defined as a small table beside a bed. Some believe there is just one main difference: Nightstands are expected to have at least one drawer, while bedside tables are not.
How tall is too tall for a bed?
Is 30 Inches Too High for a Bed? While the average bed height sits around 25 inches, if you prefer a bed with a fuller look or are tall yourself, you may prefer a bed around 30 inches off the ground. However, if your own height is below average, a 30-inch bed may be too high for you.
How tall is a bed?
The standard bed height is 25 inches. Most people can comfortably sit on the edge of their bed with their feet flat on the floor at this height. We recommend finding a bed that corresponds with your height. The mattress should be level with your knees when standing.
Should nightstand be same height as bed?
Ideally, your nightstand will be around the exact same height as the top of your mattress so that you can easily access it. RULE: Keep your nightstand in the scale with your bed. The average nightstand is 20″x20″ which will work for most beds.
Can nightstands be different heights?
That’s the traditional approach, yes—but as with all design traditions, rules are meant to be broken! So you can definitely have two nightstands of differing sizes, shapes, finishes and even heights.
How much space should be between bed of Dresser and foot?
Distance between a bed and the wall or dresser: 24″ inches A bed needs at least two feet of walking space around it to accommodate room to make up your bed (unless you need a good excuse not to) and for opening and closing the drawers of your dresser or doors of a closet.
What should be in a nightstand?
10 Essentials You Should Always Have on Your Bedside Table
- Add a Bedside Lamp. Rivet Gold Table Lamp.
- Relax with Essential Oils. Vitruvi Stone Diffuser.
- Hit Snooze. Charlie Gold Alarm Clock.
- Make Your Tissues Chicer.
- Stash a Sleep Mask.
- Add a Phone Stand (and Fresh Flowers)
- Use a Catchall Tray.
- Curl Up With a Good Book.
What is standard end table height?
“End tables for living rooms are usually 25 to 30 inches tall, but the arm height of most sofas is 25 inches, which means most end tables are taller than the sofa arm,” he said. “It’s not a good look.
What is a bedside table called?
A nightstand, alternatively night table, bedside table, daystand or bedside cabinet, is a small table or cabinet designed to stand beside a bed or elsewhere in a bedroom. Modern nightstands are usually small bedside tables, often with one or sometimes more drawers and/or shelves and less commonly with a small door.
What can I use instead of a bedside table?
7 Chic Alternatives to a Bedside Table
- A Bar Cart. Kelly Zugay. One Kings Lane.
- A Garden Stool. Style Me Pretty. Little Green Notebook.
- A Floating Shelf. HGTV. Decorative Bedroom.
- A Single Chair. Smart Furniture. Justine Taylor.
- A Desk or Vanity. My Domaine. Cobi Style.
- A Stack of Books. McGrath II.
- A Vintage or DIY Ladder. Remodelista.
Why are nightstands called nightstands?
The origin of the word nightstand is the result of its function. Nightstands are placed near the bed to hold things and typically used at night.