Typically, a long bed is 8 feet long, a standard bed is 6 feet 5 inches long, and a short bed is roughly 5 feet 8 inches long.
- 1 How do I know my truck bed length?
- 2 How do I know if my Silverado is a short bed?
- 3 Is a 6.5 ft bed a short bed?
- 4 What is considered a short bed truck?
- 5 Can you tell bed length by Vin?
- 6 How do you measure a Silverado bed?
- 7 Will a GMC bed fit a Chevy?
- 8 What truck has the shortest bed?
- 9 Is long bed or short bed better?
- 10 Which pickup has the longest bed?
- 11 Can I put a short bed on a long bed truck?
- 12 Is a 5 foot truck bed big enough?
- 13 Does Ford make a short bed truck?
- 14 What mid size truck has longest bed?
How do I know my truck bed length?
The length of a truck bed is determined by the distance between the inside of the bulkhead and the inside of your tailgate. Have your tape measure on hand and make sure your tailgate is up. Then, position the tape measure so that it fits in between the inside of the bulkhead and the inside of your tailgate.
How do I know if my Silverado is a short bed?
2020 Silverado Truck Bed Sizes Each bed is 71.4 inches wide and 22.4 inches high. As you might expect, it’s their length that will differ depending on your choice: Short Bed size: 69.92 inches long. Standard Bed size: 79.44 inches long.
Is a 6.5 ft bed a short bed?
A compact standard short bed is usually around five feet long and a full-size standard short bed is about 6.5 feet long.
What is considered a short bed truck?
Generally there are 3 different sizes for pickup truck beds. Short, Standard, or Long. Generally a short bed is approximately 5’8” long, a standard bed is 6’5” long, and a long bed is 8′ long but these numbers vary by a few inches from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Can you tell bed length by Vin?
By entering the VIN, a dealer can get a build sheet, which is a printout of how the car is equipped. That includes engine size, transmission, bed size, interior specifications and even factory options.
How do you measure a Silverado bed?
How To Measure Your Truck Bed
- Place your measuring tape at the bulkhead of your truck bed.
- Moving along your bed rail, extend the measuring tape to the inside edge of the top of your tailgate. Record the measurement in inches.
- Divide the number of inches by 12 to determine the length of your truck bed in feet.
Will a GMC bed fit a Chevy?
Are Chevy and GMC truck beds the same? Like the previous body style from 2007-2013 (1500) and 2007-2014 (2500/3500), the new 2014-current 1500 Silverados and Sierras and 2015-current 2500/3500 Silverado and Sierras don’t share the exact same bed, although they do share the same inside bed dimensions.
What truck has the shortest bed?
Shortest Truck Bed by Length Mid-size trucks are going to have the smallest beds, with the shortest being at 5 feet in length. They may vary an inch or two depending on the manufacturer, but the Nissan Frontier’s short bed is a mere 59.5 inches long.
Is long bed or short bed better?
Yes, while a properly equipped short bed truck can tow a travel trailer, a long bed will provide more stability. Many RVers who upgrade their tow vehicle from a short to a long bed enjoy a smoother ride. The longer wheelbase is the largest contributing factor to this smoother towing experience.
Which pickup has the longest bed?
2019 Silverado 1500 Durabed Is Largest Pickup Bed.
Can I put a short bed on a long bed truck?
You will need to cut the rear frame, but not at the end. You’ll have to cut from the middle, and probably in at least two different areas, then weld the frame back together. You’ll likely have to make new mounting points for most of the hardware as well as the bed itself. You’ll need a new driveshaft as well.
Is a 5 foot truck bed big enough?
They started out thinking that a 5-foot 2-inch bed would be repeatedly too short, compared to other models with a 6-foot bed. For a midsize truck, the Colorado’s truck bed is a great size. It allows you enough space for running errands that require a little extra room, plus you can still fit in a suburban garage stall.
Does Ford make a short bed truck?
Ford does offer a single-cab, short-bed F-150, though the ratios essentially bury the two-door deep down on a dealer’s options list.
What mid size truck has longest bed?
1) 2015 Ram 1500 – 98.3 Inches For the 2015 model year, the longest pickup bed in the industry belongs to the truck that also boasts the highest fuel-economy ratings in the industry: the 2015 RAM 1500.